Barn House Junk Junket 2009




Come Junk With Us made their maiden voyage this last weekend down to Battle Ground Washington.

We left Snohomish while it was still dark, some of us still had sleep in our eyes.


That didn't matter! We were junkers on a mission.


We started out our 5 hour journey with some coffee and a breakfast box

put together by myself and Kal, who came over from the Yakima area to ride the bus with us.





Kal made the long trip over and was under the impression it was going to be a nice relaxing weekend, meeting new friends, and doing a little junkin.


Well as some of you know I don't run a B&B, I run a slave labor camp! When you come to stay with me, I put you to work.





In our little breakfast box....homemade scones, with butter and homemade raspberry jam. Kal provided fresh fruit from the Yakima area in addition to the the very nummy homemade strawberry scones that she whipped up before she left home.





Then................



my surprise







Now if you live in the Mill Creek, Bothell or Snohomish area you may know about Frost.




If you don't.........


YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FROST!!!



These are doughnuts like you have never had before.



Salted Caramel


Red Velvet


Aztec Chocolate


Bourbon Pecan


Banana Fritters


Smokey Bacon Maple Bars



Oh my..........the list goes on and on of goodness


Check them out!


Join the Frostology Group on Facebook



Then I passed out some gift bags to everyone. A fantastic little find WSU Laura introduced me to. A genius idea I needed to share with my friends. This little reusable bag folds up into a tiny little bag and slips right in to your purse. Then when you need a big shopping bag.......BAM! There it is!

Found it at Pier One Imports




To make the trip go faster


we got to know each other introducing ourselves, telling stories, laughing, talking about what kind of junk we liked, laughing, how long we had been collecting, and



GIVIN AWAY PRIZES.............


Norma won the very cute Crown donated by Deb at Retreat



Look how cute it was all wrapped up.



Everyone loves a pretty package






Shanon with her Starbucks bag of goodies





Shay with her very fabulous gift donated by Salvage Studio


Shay also donated some very cool earrings she made.
Go check out her Etsy page. The girls got talent!





Sheri won one of the lovely mugs that where provided by Celeste from Chaps.


They were super cute pink mugs, filled with chocolate.


What girl wouldn't love that?



Before we knew it..............


There it was


The sign!



We couldn't get off that bus fast enough!







All right...........everyone off!



Let the shopping begin!



Barn House is amazing!

If you have never been to one of their shows I suggest you find one you can go to next year and DO IT!








Amber at Tres Birds has taken some fantastic pictures of the show that you can take a look at.

Provided in a slide show on the side bar.


You can also take a look at









After a morning of shopping the Junk Junket guests were treated to a private luncheon at the Barn House home.


We also got a home tour


which was BEYOND FABULOUS


however we couldn't take pictures because the house had been photographed for a magazine the day before and with that came some restrictions.


Too bad but we totally understood.


We will all wait for the magazine or should I say MAGAZINESSSSSSSSS?


The Barn House guys put on a spectacular luncheon for us


Every detail was lovely






DELICIOUS!



Peach sangria...............OH MY! It was soooooooooo good!



Perfect for such a beautiful day
Kathrine did a fantastic job on the place settings and the food.
I wish you could sample it.

It was ALL to die for.



New friends were made, ideas were swapped, and many pictures were taken

Norma and Sheri


After we stuffed ourselves silly


we headed down to



Vintage Gatherings


Where we were treated to yet another warm welcome by all the ladies there


and


another beautiful spread of food!





There was a lot of shoppin goin on here too.





We all did our part in filling up the bottom of that bus.



We started filling the bottom of the bus after we had all the extra seats in the bus filled.


We would have tied stuff on the roof if we had too!



We were surprised at how much room this bus had in it.


We could shop some more.


So we did!



Auntie Tam's in the Battle Ground Village was our next stop.

Where they have some of the most beautiful fabrics.





Myself, Donna, and Lisa enjoying some fabric searching






We all left with some beautiful fabrics, trims, patterns, ideas, and wanting to go home so we could make something.





This is Pat.


She's my new Mother-in-Law


This trip was the first time we had met. I had heard wonderful things about her but we had never had the pleasure of meeting until this last weekend.


She actually isn't really my Mother-in Law, she is the mother- in-law of my good friend Shanon. I decided she is going to be my mother-in-law too!





On our ride home we looked at our fantastic finds of the day, napped, chatted, and of course


WON MORE PRIZES!




Ashley was the big winner of the day.


She won the grand prize of the




and


Lisa and Amber


Amber was very delighted as we all were to meet one of the authors of




Lisa was our celebrity guest on the bus.


If your thinking about going on one of our Junkets you should put a Sharpie pen in your bag just in case!


Just sayin!


The first ever Junk Junket Group


Julie gave me this lovely Champagne bottle, all decorated complete with a rhinestone crown pin as a hostess gift.


It was beautiful!


On the way home all the ladies signed the bottle for me.


I was so touched.


Thank you ladies!!!!

We arrived home safe and sound. Junk in hand and in need of help.



You know it's been a good junkin day when you have to make SEVERAL trips to your car to unload your stuff.


Thank you to everyone who made this trip so sucessful


I couldn't have done it with out you.






Keepin it Bella
Donna




Sheri


Julie

Ashley

Melissa

Shanon

Pat

Rick
(our bus driver)

Julie Mckenzie
and

a very special thank you to

The Hubs

This was such a great trip that as soon as I got home I started working on the next adventure.
I should have information up soon for our next Junk Junket.

6 Responses
  1. Katie Says:

    What a great trip it was! I haven't had that much fun in I don't know how long!...Thanks so much, Timi!...Katie


  2. Kal Says:

    I can't wait for the next one! This was a fabulous day! Thanks for letting me in on it!


  3. Linda Q Says:

    Looks amazing and I wish I could have gone. But next time, next Spring or whatever I hope to be there.
    Linda


  4. its so good to see this...i have wanted to do it for my customers for a couple of years!!! and never managed to make it happen.....so nice to see such a great idea working!!! looks like you all had a ball...
    i love the truck picture too...can i put it on my blog with a link to you? my readers would love it...and i do have some from out west...
    cheers
    ann.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I I only lived CLOSER! What a fantastic journey you babes had! Colorado is SOOO far away....:(
    Thanks for sharing your day.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    If you were closer I would want to reserve a place on your bus!!! It looks like a great time was had by all!
    Claudia